House of dark shadows by Robert Liparulo | Teen Ink

House of dark shadows by Robert Liparulo

By Jenie17 BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado
Jenie17 BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado

The book ‘house of dark shadows” by Robert Liparulo was a very interesting book.It kept me on the edge of my seat. Wanting more,and to kept reading.It was a type of book that gives great detail on it charaters and the setting they are in.

“House of dark shadows” was about a family called the Kings.They move from Pasadena to Pinedales California.Mr. King got a job as a principle at the middle/high school. Xander and David hated the idea of moving away from their home,their friends,and the nature ther. Xander was even more disappointed because he had a girl in his life.They arrived, got food and went to sleep. The next day they went to check out the school and houses.

When they were looking at house their father got lost.Xander looked over and saw this house.The whole family but Xander fell in love with it. Xander felt something strange about the house. He didn't like the idea or feeling. Mrs. Kings though it was their dream house and asked to get it right away. The next day Xander and Mr. King went to the realtor office to buy the house. THe lady there told them a story about the house and asked if they still wanted it. Nothing stopped their dad.That night david and Xander talked all about the house and how they felt, David started to feel uncomfortable about the house. They moved in a few days later, that night Xander and David found a secret place that let out this horrible nightmare.His father began to get worried,Toria screams in fright and tells her story. Next minute the mom screams,well to find out to what you have to read the book.

The book “house of dark shadows” keeps you on the edge of your seat the whole time. Not wanting to put in down, it ties you in right away. I would recommend this book to people who like horror and series.