Breaking Dawn | Teen Ink

Breaking Dawn

October 22, 2008
By lynda2000 SILVER, Chicago, Illinois
lynda2000 SILVER, Chicago, Illinois
8 articles 4 photos 1 comment

On August 2, 2008, the long wait came to a close, as Breaking Dawn, Stephenie Meyer's fourth and final installment in the popular Twilight series, was finally released after a year of anticipation.
It was literally pandemonium when the clock struck 12:00 a.m. that day throughout the United States. Suspense had been building for months. The book even topped Amazon.com's bestseller list months prior to the release date. Everyone just had to know the answers to the questions that Eclipse, the third book in the series, had left for readers to ponder since it came out last summer. Would Bella give up her mortality for immortal life? Would she choose to give up the love of her life Edward? Stephenie Meyer seeks to answer all of our questions as Breaking Dawn ends the Twilight saga.
The story picks up right where Bella left off, engaged to Edward, and about to give up her human life to become a vampire alongside Edward and his family. If all goes as planned, Bella will be a newborn vampire right after her marriage to Edward is finalized. But as the story unfolds, Bella begins to have second thoughts on whether she is ready to give up her human life. Is it worth giving up her life to be with the love of her life? Or would it just be easier to live as normal, human Isabella Swan? These questions stalk Bella to the altar, but she hopes her marriage will help reassure her of her everlasting love for Edward.
Her honeymoon does anything but reassure her, though. Hidden away on a South American island, Isle Esme, Bella and Edward seem to become one entity, as Bella so beautifully describes, “His arms wrapped around me, holding me against him, summer and winter. It felt like every nerve ending in my body was a live wire.” And Edward automatically repeats what their bodies just said. “Forever,” he agreed.” Loving Edward in this way makes Bella realize that there are some human experiences worth postponing her transformation a while longer.
She quickly begins to lay out her plans for the coming year, going to Dartmouth, enjoying life with Edward. Life seems to be going her way, but happiness often times comes with a consequence, one which places Bella's and Edward's future in jeopardy. Will Bella and Edward's love survive or will the dreaded Volturi, the most powerful vampire family on Earth, provoke a tragic end to the story?
Breaking Dawn keeps you entertained , as it answers all of your questions. With a perfect mix of romance and suspense, Stephenie Meyer's Vampire series comes to an end, sure to become a classic of our time. It's also on its way to becoming a blockbuster hit, as Twilight, the first book in the series, premieres on the big screen this December.