Maximum Ride - The Angel Expirament by James Patterson | Teen Ink

Maximum Ride - The Angel Expirament by James Patterson

By CynthiaFeathers ELITE, Frisco, Texas
CynthiaFeathers ELITE, Frisco, Texas

He who is bound to a star does not turn back.
Leonardo Di Vinci

You see I'm a bit of a poet, and you did not know it! What!?
~Sir Percy Blakeney

For me, summer has been a never-ending series of boring school assigned books. Normally, I am an avid reader but the novels our school gives us just don’t appeal to me.

In my attempt to seek out a book worthy of reading I stumbled across the street to the local book store where I found the book Maximum Ride - The Angel Experiment.
The book opens on six kids that are constantly on the run due to their genetic makeup of 98% human and 2% avian. Yes, these kids are part bird, fully equipped with a pair of wings.
They grew up locked in cages in a science lab being tested and experimented on. When the kids finally escaped, they flew to a place where they thought the scientists would never find them, but they were wrong.
Throughout the book, our flighty friends - Max, Fang, Iggy, Nudge, the Gasman and Angel - live on the move, in hope that the scientists (and their half-man half-wolf Eraser sidekicks) will never find them. This book is filled with mysteries, fight scenes, and even strange voices that take over one's mind.
As you read this book you become attached to Max and her flock of kid mutants. You begin to live on the run with the flock, and get attached to each character individually.
This book is an amazing thriller and is very well written I highly recommend it to anyone looking for an adventure.

This review is on the amazing book Maximum Ride by James Patterson.