The Fault in Our Stars by John Green | Teen Ink

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

By Keely Logan BRONZE, Keaau, Hawaii
Keely Logan BRONZE, Keaau, Hawaii

The Fault in Our Stars, by John Green, is a young adult novel taking place in Indianapolis, Indiana. A main character is Hazel Grace Lancaster who is a 16 year old cancer patient. She was diagnosed when she was 13 years old with lung cancer. Another main character is Augustus Waters. He is a 16 year old cancer survivor and was diagnosed with cancer, but lost his right leg in the process of recovery. He now has a prosthetic leg.
Hazel and Augustus meet at a support group that meets for cancer patients. Augustus went to the meeting with his friend Isaac who has eye cancer. After the meeting Hazel and Augustus started talking and he invited her over to watch a movie. One night Hazel woke up in severe pain and she was rushed to the ICU. She wasn’t getting enough oxygen and her lungs were filling up with water. Augustus wasn’t allowed to visit her in the hospital so he waited in the waiting room the whole time. Augustus starts to have feelings for Hazel but she doesn’t want to hurt Augustus if something were to happen to her. Augustus gets in contact with the author of “An Imperial Affliction”, after reading the book and Augustus and Hazel went on a trip to Amsterdam expecting to get questions from the author of a book without a proper ending. Hazel and Augustus go on an amazing journey from there.
I loved this book so much, I really like all the details and how it was easy to paint a picture in my head about what’s happening. This book is filled with romance, passion, sadness, and excitement. I loved it so much and I highly recommend to anybody looking for something great to read.