Notes From The Midnight Driver by Jordan Sonnenblick | Teen Ink

Notes From The Midnight Driver by Jordan Sonnenblick

By ThomasWestfall GOLD, Newell, Iowa
ThomasWestfall GOLD, Newell, Iowa

Be The Change You Wish To See In The World
~Mahatma Gandhi

Alex has some issues with his parents. His dad ran off with Alex’s 3rd grade teacher, and Alex isn’t very happy about it. So, Alex decides to get even with his dad, he drank so much liquor of his fathers that were left in his house that he made a dumb decision to get into his mom’s car to drive to his dad’s house to give him a piece of his mind. He doesn’t even get as far as a block. He ended up in his neighbors yard and broke an expensive garden gnome. A cop gets Alex and takes him to jail. He is released a little bit later after the cops have gotten all they want to hear from Alex. Alex has a court hearing and is sentenced to 100 hours of community service with an old man named Solomon Lewis at the nursing home. Solomon isn’t the nicest person, but he and Alex became friends later in the book.

I highly recommend this book as it is a story of things that most teens can relate to. I liked this book because I couldn’t put it down, and I thought that I could relate to Alex with all the stuff he goes through…

Couldn't put this book down