Bud, not Buddy, by Christopher Paul Curtis | Teen Ink

Bud, not Buddy, by Christopher Paul Curtis

January 13, 2009
By Anonymous

In the book Bud, not Buddy, by Christopher Paul Curtis, a 10- year old boy lives in an orphanage. He has no mother, father, and no family. His mother died when he was young, and his dad left when he was a little baby, but is still alive, and is playing in a band called the Dusky Devastators of the Depression. One day a home adopted him. At that home live a mom, a dad, and a very mean 12-year old boy named Todd Amos. Bud gets framed for doing something bad an in an instant, he is sleeping in a shed. Bud breaks out of the window of the shed and he wants revenge. Later, he goes in search of his famous dad.

This historic fiction book, Bud, not Buddy, has many adventures, from giant bees nests, to blood drinking vampires. Nothing can stop Bud from going to his father. Bud, not Buddy, will keep you reading on and on. I think this book is really neat, because it has part of Bud Caldwell’s Rules and things for Having a funner life and a Better Liar of Yourself, which are rules that Bud lives by; that’s pretty funny. I also liked this book because Curtis had a really good flow and pace of action. I would strongly recommend this book for kids 11 and older and for people that want an easy, fun read.