Endgame by James Frey | Teen Ink

Endgame by James Frey

April 28, 2015
By coleb BRONZE, Lilburn, Georgia
coleb BRONZE, Lilburn, Georgia
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The book Endgame by James Frey is a novel that shows themes in literature through love and great amounts of heroism.
In the story, Sarah Alopay is in love with a boy name Christopher Vanderkamp, but Sarah has a very big secret that Chris does not know. This secret is that Sarah is in Endgame, A game that has twelve players who fight to the death in a competition. Sarah ends up telling Chris about her secret right before she goes China to go and play Endgame. Since Sarah and Chris are in love, Sarah makes sure Chris doesn’t come to China. However, Chris does end up making a trip to China in hopes of protecting Sarah. He risked his life by attempting to keep her from being killed by the other eleven players.
This is a great amount of heroism created by strong love. In many accounts, Christopher almost died just trying to get to Sarah. When Sarah and Chris end up finally meeting, Sarah forgives Chris for coming to China and risking his life. Sarah shows even more heroism than Chris by having to protect him from unforeseen dangers. She ends up saving Chris on multiple accounts.
In the book, Endgame, both Sarah and Chris show great acts of bravery, love, and especially heroism. Both Sarah and Chris loved each other so much, it led them to do anything for each other. Their love was selfless and inspiring.


The author's comments:

This is a novel based on a series of books I found very interesting to read. I hope you enjoy reading this book and it makes you want to read all the novels written by this author.