Twilight | Teen Ink

Twilight

By Lady_Love BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado
Lady_Love BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer is the story of seventeen year old Bella Swan who leaves Phoenix, Arizona to live in a small town called Forks in Washington with her father, Charlie Swan. Forks is a town with its constant mist and rain, it wasn't bad enough she would have to make new set of friends and settle into a new school. Bella soon makes friends, but only one group of people cached her eye. The Cullen's. As she saw the brothers and sisters sit in there normal table, she noticed Edward Cullen, right away she was intrigued. Edward is stunningly attractive, almost inhumanly beautiful, and yet he is an outsider too. Although Edward and his family have lived in Forks for two years, they have never really been accepted. At first, Edward seemed annoyed by Bella, like he couldn't be in the same room as her. Soon enough they become friends and Bella is out of her mind in love with Edward, but can't quite figure him out. On a trip to La Push, an Indian reservation, she talks to Jacob Black and become friends. He tells her stories about his tribe; she wasn't paying much attention until he told her the story about the 'cold ones.' A group of blood drinkers who have sworn off hunting humans but are still not welcome on Indian land because vampires are not to be trusted. 'About three things I was absolutely positive. First, Edward was a vampire. Second, there was part of him ' and I didn't know how potent that part might be ' that thirsted for my blood. And third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him.' (Chapter 9, Page 195) Realizing Edward is a vampire changed nothing for Bella; she knows that she still loves him even if he's not human. Edward himself was made a vampire when he was seventeen years-old in 1918 by Carlisle Cullen, his future father. Edward's love towards Bella is a delight because she is the first person he has loved since he was made a vampire. Also, a torment because although he has sworn off human blood and only hunts animals, the craving for human blood never truly leaves him and the very scent of her also stirs his hunger for blood'

Twilight is filled with action, romance, and science fiction. I think Stephanie Meyer did an excellent job with the story because this isn't your usual vampire story like Dracula. I could relate the book with Pride & Prejudice because of the story line and how it is set. The characters were much thought through and very realistic. To me Twilight is a book for all ages there is a lot of things in it that people can actually relate to and also learn new things. Twilight is the point between day and night, in Edward's point of view it is the safest time of day. It is a good because the day is over and bad because night comes and most vampires come out at night to hunt. Overall, this book is very good and keeps the reader interested in what the 'Lion and the Lamb' have to say. Continuing it follows New Moon which continues Bella's life long journey.

on Jun. 2 2009 at 1:02 am
Blue-Streek BRONZE, Hamilton, Other
Okay, for starters, twilight is one of the WORST books/movies i have ever seen. Bella's suacidle, "leave me and i'll kill my self." CRAZY, and the vampires glow in the sun instead of burn, and they DON'T even have FANGS! HORRIBLE! not a vampire movie, a realy weird...SOMETHING! look, I can't even find a word for this stuff.

TinyDaisy GOLD said...
TinyDaisy GOLD, Flat Rock, Michigan
I believe the book was horrid, but oh well.