Warriors--Into the Wild by Erin Hunter | Teen Ink

Warriors--Into the Wild by Erin Hunter

By WeirdosUnite GOLD, Prairie Farm, Wisconsin
WeirdosUnite GOLD, Prairie Farm, Wisconsin

"Give me your hands if we be friends, and Robin shall restore amends"~Puck, A Midsummer Night's Dream

Warriors Into the Wild Is about a house cat named Rusty who goes to join one of the four Clans of wild Forest Cats that live in the forest close to his Housefolk's (Housefolk are what housecats, otherwise known as Kittypets, call their owners) home. The Clans are ThunderClan, WindClan, RiverClan, and ShadowClan. The Clans are in trouble, especially ThunderClan, at the time of the first book. Rusty has been having dreams that seem real for quite some time. Dreams of hunting in the forest. He ventures into the forest one night and meets Graypaw, a ThunderClan Apprentice. A Clan leader, Bluestar of Thunderclan, invites him too join ThunderClan. After some thinking, Rusty joins ThunderClan. He is re-named Firepaw, and he has some trouble adjusting to Clan life, and he is taunted because of his Kittypet past. He ends up discovering that a Warrior, Tigerclaw, murdered the former Deputy in hopes that he would be made the new deputy. His Apprentice, Ravenpaw, told Firepaw. Firepaw helps Ravenpaw flee to a barn that a nice loner named Barley lives in. Tigerclaw doesn't quite trust Firepaw, and he is hard on him because he knows that Firepaw knows about him killing Redtail (the deputy). Firepaw also becomes rather close to Spottedleaf, ThunderClan's Medicine Cat. This is a great book for cat lovers and action-adventure lovers. A must-read.

I love Warriors and I wanted to let other Teens know about it.

@foodchemisist not really. I suppose a little bit of it is, but it's mostly fantasy/mystery.

foodchemisist, Kuna, Idaho
is the warriors seris Realistic Fiction

@Goshawk I believe you've read these books, no?