Suite Scarlett by Maureen Johnson | Teen Ink

Suite Scarlett by Maureen Johnson

By booklover28704 SILVER, Arden, North Carolina
booklover28704 SILVER, Arden, North Carolina

Johnson is also the author of several young adult books such as: 13 Little Blue Envelopes, Devilish, Girl at Sea, The Key to the Golden Firebird, and The Bermudez Triangle.

Suite Scarlett is a book (incase you didn't know), it has pages, a cover, a picture on the cover, and words. Some books have words and are point less (learning wise) but a totally blast to read (meaning it fun but not really educational), they take you on a journey; these books are the ones you usually discover when looking at every book on a book shelf at your local library. Suite Scarlet has the entertainment and knowledge to fill the mind; it is a story of family, first love, acting, and scheming, all at the perfect balance. Ms. Johnson did a wonderful job at writing this book; it invites you into the lives of the Martins. The Martins own a small hotel in the heart of New York City. When each Martin child turns 15 they are given a suite in the hotel to take care of, along with the guest who rents it. Mrs. Amberson a C-list scarlet, world traveler, and aspiring autobiographer who rents Scarlet's suite makes scarlet her assistant for the summer. Scarlet who has other things planed for this summer and is hopping that seeing more of Eric; an astonishing gorgeous actor who has just moved to NYC who she is hopping to see more of. Johnson goes outside the 'perfect man' that most authors stick to when creating there guy leads (not that I am putting that down, I'm not!). Johnson makes Eric seem a real dream 'bout funny but not perfect guy we (girls) look for in books. This book has it all romance, Shakespeare, family feuds and laugh out loud funniness along with two unicycles ( hey if you didn't want to read it then I bet you do now. Huh!) Suite Scarlet is a wonderful read! So good that I am going to do read it again right now; for the third time (that's really showing how much I like it, because I only read the books I really like more than once.).

Thi sis one of my favorite books. I hope my review encourages you to read it also.