The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho | Teen Ink

The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho

By Raveenasri BRONZE, Bangalore, Other
Raveenasri BRONZE, Bangalore, Other

We are stars wrapped in skin. The light we are seeking has always been within.

"Where your treasure is there will also be your heart"

Motivation is necessary. A journey is most often about “consistency” than just “efforts”. And the best key is a peck of motivation. In this time so fast with internet, there are million ways. But for a Bibliophile, what better than a novel?

Being a Bibliophile myself, I have found my first piece of article on a novel after a long-long years of readings.

So here is the very first one. The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho.

The cover says,

“Dreams are made to be followed.
Life is meant to be lived.
Some Books are meant to be read,
Loved and passed on.”

And yes,The Alchemist is one such book. It perfectly justifies these lines.

Basically, the story is all about a Young boy, Santiago who sets out to discover and follow his dream of finding treasure. As usual, he too faces so many problems, makes so many sacrifices.

The theme many seem more a story that lacks luster. What gives life to this entire novel is its ability to perfectly connect with everybody’s life – a student to a businessman to aged looking for happiness, hungry for success. It perfectly hits the chords right with everyone of us wandering around, searching for happiness but being bogged down by certain sacrifices that we make in order to succeed. It is not the boy’s sacrifices but the meaning behind those which leave a certain feeling in the reader’s heart.

It is more of the beauty of language. The perfect choice of words.

“Darkest hour of the night comes just before the dawn”

“Your eyes show the strength of your soul”

Beautiful truth of life.!

And trust me, the last section of the novel is worth waiting for.

No feedback, No book review can ever  explain the impact it leaves on reader.
Certain novels have to be read in order to experience it.

I do believe that for years to come, The Alchemist will play a role in shaping one’s thoughts and perception of “Success”.

Today, Im a proud person to say that I have read, loved and enjoyed “The Alchemist”. For a bibliophile it is quiet difficult to segregate novels on the basis of “favorite one”. This novel passes this stage. For me, this novel would always remain in my list of favorites.

I would keep my copy of “The Alchemist” close to myself and would never think-twice to give it a second read. A third one, perhaps more.

Paulo Coelho’s words are strong and beautiful. This is August 2016, And if by any chance, he is reading this, Wish you A Happy Birthday. (24,aug)

And the rest, Read it and you will never regret for doing so. I would love to hear from you. If case, you have already read it, Good work, Pass it on. Spread the wisdom.?

Im a Bibliophile beside a Blogger. This has been my favourite novel since the first time i read it. It will forever remain close to my heart.