H.I.V.E. The Overlord Protocol by Mark Walden | Teen Ink

H.I.V.E. The Overlord Protocol by Mark Walden

April 6, 2017
By Cinimod SILVER, Vauxhall, Alberta
Cinimod SILVER, Vauxhall, Alberta
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The book the title of the book, HIVE stands for “The Higher Institute Of Villainous Education”. The book starts off with 13 year old, Otto Malpenses. He is an orphan, at a small run down orphanage called St. Sebastians. Since the age of three Otto was reading books, and soon by the time he was in grade 4, he surpassed his whole class in knowledge. He, as time grew on started reading all the books in the library down the street. Furthermore he learned concepts of sociology and learned about greed. This made him a “super smart kid”. He struck a deal with the orphanage's headmaster, he then took over and controlled the headmaster through greed. Turning the attic into his office, he created and developed experiments to test his many theory's. Soon the orphanage is threatened to close down, by a cut to the budget, by Britain's government.Otto being the smart kid he is decided to do something about it, even if it is against the law.

Otto wakes up to the sound of helicopter blades. He is in the back with a group of other children. All that is before them is a large expanse of water. Until an island appears on the horizon, it appears to be a large volcanic island. What awaits Otto’s fate is for you to decide. I found this book to be an easy read, though with great adventure. I have yet to read the other 8 books but I am sure that they are great.The series is called HIVE and the subtitle for the first one is The Overlord Protocol. I hope you choose to read this book, because you have to read it constantly.