The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty | Teen Ink

The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty

March 26, 2019
By Anonymous


The movie The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty, is a story critics have said to be the next Forrest Gump. It talks about a life changing journey that Walter Mitty (Ben Stiller) goes on trying to find negatives given to him by a famous photographer Sean O’connell (Sean Penn). Before his wild adventures he was just a runof the mill guy who worked for Life magazine. He daydreams a lot about things that he would like to do but has never had the guts to do. Until his and others jobs are at stake because their company is going digital, and the last magazine that they are going to  produce needs the lost negative. He sets out on his journey to find Sean O’Connell so that he can get the negative. He goes to greenland and iceland not to mention syberia. He finally found Sean O’Connell way up in the mountains photographing a snow leopard. Sean was surprised that this man that he had seen work so hard in a dull office made it up past 13,000 feet. He told him that the film was in the wallet that he had given to walter. I can see why this movie is said to be the new Frost Gump. Walter traveled hundreds of miles: he ran some of it he biked other parts of it not to mention that he jumped into a helicopter that was taking off. His life went from A daydreamer and being a doormat to having confidence and and jumping out to helicopters and swimming with sharks to escaping an erupting volcano. He has been taking leaps and bounds toward his new future. All the while he has still managed to daydream throughout the entire movie, up until the end atleast where he is no longer daydreaming about what he wants to do and is actually doing it . From standing up to his boss who had previously teased him for zoning Out. He even asked the girl that he likes out he transformed over the course of the movie. He went from being very awkward and just daydreaming about what he wanted to say of do to going out and doing it. I thought that this was a very inspirational movie that hopefully makes you want to bring more adventure into your life. It made me want to travel and jump out of flying helicopters, hike, and honestly be more outgoing and say what is on my mind more. I feel that this is a must see movie that can change your life for the better.


The author's comments:

Its a pretty good movie and would recomend it to people.