Criss-Cross Murder | Teen Ink

Criss-Cross Murder

By sydneym900 BRONZE, Methuen, Massachusetts
sydneym900 BRONZE, Methuen, Massachusetts

The film “Strangers on a Train” has a plot like no other. Two men who met on a train had their lives completely changed after one conversation. The idea of the “criss-cross murder” was only seen as real by only one of the two men in the deal. The film shows us the consequences that each man will suffer from decisions they make. 

Alfred Hitchcock managed to direct yet another fantastic film with the Warner Bros studio. This suspenseful film will leave you wanting more. Where each scene has a surprising twist, you’ll never know what’s coming. Starring Farley Granger as Guy Haines, Robert Walker as Bruno Antony, Ruth Roman as Anne Morton, and many more amazing actors. 

Guy Haines, a professional tennis player, meets a man named Bruno Antony on a train. Bruno has done his reading and seems to know a significant amount about Guy Haines, including the details of his love life. He willingly lets Guy know everything that he knows about him, and Guy shows that he is uncomfortable. Along with that, he seems to be very suspicious of Bruno. Guy’s wife, Mariam, has cheated on him, and he is now with the senator’s daughter. Once Bruno learns the hatred that Guy has towards his wife, Bruno tells him that he feels the same way about his own father. He then proposes the idea of a “criss-cross” murder to avoid the pain of murdering someone, who wasan, at a time in their life, loved one. After that, one event leads to the next, and once a loved one. Guy finds himself in a situation that he never saw coming. 

Throughout the film, Robert Walker’s character, Bruno, becomes more and more mysterious, all while continuing to manipulate Guy discretely. He finds a way to continuously make his way into Guy’s life and build friendships with his loved ones. He showed up at the party that the senator was hosting and brought up suspicious topics about murder with the older ladies. He then went on to act in ways that no one saw coming, that almost result in an innocent persons death. It almost makes you wonder if his meeting Guy was his plan all along. It would make sense because his plan that he proposed seemed very well thought out, although he heard of it from other people, he still managed to come up with it on the spot.

I would recommend this film as it had me on the edge of my seat, anxious for the next scene to come. Adults, and teenagers will most likely appreciate the film, more than children would appreciate it. Although children might find some of the action in this film entertaining, adults and teenagers will better be able to follow the storyline, and will be able to see the deeper meaning. This film was full of unforeseen events that surprised me every time, and was definitely worth the watch.

Dear Teenink Editors,

Please consider my movie review for "Stranger on a Train", rated PG, 103 minutes. I really enjoyed watching this movie. 

I'm a junior at a Massachusetts High School. My favorite class is AP Psychology and I enjoy writing.

This is a simultaneous submission.