Grownups Review | Teen Ink

Grownups Review

May 18, 2022
By Anonymous

As I thought that the star Adam Sandler can’t continue to make great movies like Billy Madison and Happy Gilmore, he proved me wrong with the movie Grown Ups. It seems wherever I watch Grown Ups it gets better every time. 


As a huge fan of comedy movies, this climbs the ladder to maybe be one of the best. Along with the producer Adam Sandler, the cast  includes Kevin James, Chris Rock, David Spade, Rob Shneider, and a lot more. The combination of these actors made the movie even better than I could imagine. Each actor played their role perfectly and was able to be stars at different times of the movie, as the plot features detail about each of their personal lives. 

The story goes back to the main character Lenny’s (Sandler) childhood where he met all his friends from the basketball team. These friends he hasn’t seen in a while but after the sad passing of his coach, they all met up at the funeral. As the movie continued they ran into the team that they considered to be rivals as kids when they were older. The star player on that team has never forgotten the fact that they lost on a shot that shouldn’t have counted because of Lenny’s foot being on the line on a game winning three pointer. He eventually was able to convince Lenny to get both their teams back together and have a rematch.


As a movie  it shows lots of life lessons in life. A main one is how kids are becoming addicted to video games instead of the outdoors. This allows it to show how the world has changed from the adults childhood to the kids childhood now.that shows insight about marriage, parenthood, class, and friendships


Throughout the movie it has shown many different types of humor. Whether it is funny humor or inappropriate humor. The characters always tried to make serious things into jokes including the basketball game or when the arrow went to a character's foot when they were playing arrow roulette. Along with when a character is drunk or when they are making fun of eachother and their problems with their families. This comedy continued to make me laugh no matter what type of humor it was. 


Overall this is a movie that I would recommend to watch if you are having a bad day or just if you need a laugh. It has never failed to make me laugh and will always be one of my favorite movies.


The author's comments:

I wrote about a movie that I really enjoy and that I have watched a ton of times.