The Marvel Event of the Decade: A Review of Avengers: Infinity War and Endgame. | Teen Ink

The Marvel Event of the Decade: A Review of Avengers: Infinity War and Endgame.

April 3, 2023
By Anonymous

After more than a decade of films, the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) reached its climax with Avengers: Infinity War and Endgame. As a long-time fan of the MCU, I had high expectations for these movies, and they did not disappoint.

Infinity War immediately grabs the audience's attention with its opening scene and never lets go. Thanos, the main villain of the movie, is one of the most compelling characters in the entire MCU. Josh Brolin's performance is outstanding, and Thanos is a fully realized character with his own motivations and beliefs. The stakes are high in this movie, and the action sequences are some of the best in the franchise. The battle on Titan is a highlight, and the ending of the movie is both shocking and emotional.

Endgame is a different movie entirely. It's a movie about loss, grief, and sacrifice. The characters are all dealing with the aftermath of the events of Infinity War, and it's clear that things will never be the same. The first act of the movie is slower and more contemplative, which may put off some viewers, but I found it to be a necessary breather before the action ramps up. The second act is a love letter to the previous MCU movies, and it's a joy to see all of the characters interacting with each other. The final act is where the movie truly shines. The battle sequence is one of the most epic in cinematic history, and the emotional beats are earned and impactful.

The Russo Brothers did an incredible job directing these movies, and the cast is outstanding. Robert Downey Jr. delivers one of his best performances as Tony Stark/Iron Man, and Chris Evans is equally impressive as Steve Rogers/Captain America. But it's the smaller moments that really stand out. Scarlett Johansson's performance as Black Widow is particularly noteworthy, and Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye is given some much-needed character development.

Overall, Avengers: Infinity War and Endgame are the Marvel event of the decade. They are epic in scale, emotionally resonant, and satisfying conclusions to the storylines that have been building up for years. These movies are a testament to the power of the MCU and what can be achieved with a shared universe. The MCU will continue to produce movies, but Infinity War and Endgame will always hold a special place in the hearts of fans.