Recap of A Quiet Place | Teen Ink

Recap of A Quiet Place

May 10, 2023
By Anonymous

CONTAINS SPOILERS


It’s insane to think that aliens can change so much for how humans have to change the way they live for this movie does a great job portraying that type of experience. This movie is about this family that faces this challenge of communication, and what I mean by that is these aliens that invaded earth have advanced hearing and they have to overcome this challenge of not using voice but by communicating silently.


At the start of the movie the family is in this pharmacy where the older brother is sick and needs medication and the parents go to look for this medication, but while the parents are looking the younger brother is distracted by entertainment or his own curiosity and the family has to deal with the thief youngest child’s curiosity. The sister wants to make her younger brother happy and gives him this toy but little does the family realizes it makes noise which could put the family into jeopardy so the father takes out the batteries and right after the youngest child takes the batteries and uses them while the toy makes noise the alien comes in and tries to kill the child the father notices this so he tries to save but it’s too late. And for this part of the movie It shows that the family is really struggling with this way of life for they nor their children are used to living in a silent environment hence they lost their youngest son, right after the parents become more strict with the rules to keep their remaining children safe. And this affects the fact that so many humans struggled with this way of life that if they fail to overcome this obstacle the cost is their life which makes this challenge and adaptation even more difficult.


while the family try to use the radio to find more humans that are alive the father has conflict with daughter where the daughter is very aggravated with her dad because she thinks that the father doesn’t trust her and that if she goes with him to explore then she can put them both into jeopardy but she thinks that her disability to hear can be a weakness or a problem so she gets frustrated but is blind to see that her father is just trying to protect her and even helps by trying to repair her hearing aid even though most of the time it doesn’t work the thought of him helping is good enough but the daughter doesn’t see this and runs away which consterns the parents. And at this point the mother is pregnant with another child which makes living in this type of environment even more difficult than in general, because when a woman is in pregnancy or in labor it can be painful hence could trigger the aliens and lure them to the family.


The father and the son are still out exploring and the mother doesn’t realize that her daughter has run away and accidentally makes noise and lures the aliens  to the home and while everyone is gone she is stuck by herself and has to labor in the bathroom. At some point the father finally realizes that that his wife is in trouble and rushes in to save her but after the aliens go away the family is safe and still no information Woburn the daughter but they have to put a sleeping type of oxygen to put the baby to sleep so that he doesn’t cry and make noise. Now this is something that could be a really critical situation where now you have a baby that is known for making noise and could put the whole family into danger, which makes this challenge almost impossible to overcome but they have to overcome this obstacle to get through with living their quiet life


In the final part their is another situation where the alien roams around and hears noise so the mother has another situation, so when the father and the son come back from another exploration the father sees that the home is invaded with the aliens and tells the son to distract them by making noise while this is successful the son tries to run away to not get killed and when out of nowhere the daughter realizes and try’s to swoop in a save her family. The son runs in the cornfields and trips and gets knocked unconscious thankfully the daughter finds him and wakes him up where the boy wakes up and goes with his sister to the watchtower where it’s safe while the father tries to look for them the kids fall into a hole and is about to get suffocated by a hug pile of seeds and the father tries to rescue them but they managed to save each other the alien tries to kill them but is unsuccessful and makes a hole for the kids to escape. The father finally reunited with his kids but the alien is neer and the father tells the kids to get into the car where it’s safe and the alien cuts the father badly but the monster goes to the car to distract the monster from the kids the father gets back up with the last bit of life he has left and screams to safe his kids while the kids run away the father gets killed and regroups with the mom. The alien meets them there but the family finds out something shocking that the daughter's hearing aid makes a noise so sensitive that it hurts the alien which weakens it and while it was weakened the mother ended it all and shut the monster to death while it was weak.

So the family managed to survive this obstacle and survive from the alien but can they keep this way of life of living up.


Also the family would walk barefoot and used sign language which was a very intelligent way of living in this type of environment of silence.


In conclusion for the central message of the family having to overcome this obstacle of survival from the aliens by making no sound is hard for us humans because we are very social creatures, therefore since us humans live in a social society it’s very hard to adapt to something that has very uncommon, and it makes this way of life harder. Now the real question o is can this family survive for a longer time?

And if they can, how long will they survive in this silent environment and avoid these aliens that have advanced hearing?