Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark | Teen Ink

Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark

By saniyaivory2005 BRONZE, Sacramento, California
saniyaivory2005 BRONZE, Sacramento, California

Would a book that writes people's deaths that happens the same week, scare you ? It would definitely scare me and make me wonder if I am next . Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark is a horror movie about a group of teenagers that find a ghost named Sarah Bellow’s cursed book. It tells the story of the teenager's death that happens almost instantly . It is on them to figure out how to make it stop before their story is written . This is a really good movie but I wouldn't consider this to be a horror movie . It is very intense , full of suspense and surprises but nothing in the movie scares me , but I guess in some ways a horror movie doesn't have to be scary .

The main character in this movie would be Stella . Stella is the main character because she is the one who finds the cursed book and makes the stories stop being told . Stella’s mom is gone and her dad always works , she almost seems invisible to everybody . Stella feels that she has to do more to save everyone but it's something within herself that makes her do this . Stella’s character is built off of curiosity but as the movie goes on it shows how selfless and caring she is and that there's a bigger picture about Stella than what it seems . Although the main character is Stella , I believe that Sarah bellows is the main character too . This is her story , This is her book and doings. Stella and her friends wouldn't have been in this situation if they didn't stumble upon Sarah's haunted house . Sarah writes the stories and makes them come true . It is her story to tell to make it all stop . Sarah also matters because her family painted her out to be a monster that she is not .

After finishing watching this movie , I felt as if I wanted to watch more even though I have reached the ending . That is how a really good movie should make you feel . It made me feel very tense . I was always curious to see what happens next . This is one of those movies where it's very engaging for you . You might want to yell at the characters in the movie and tell them what they should be doing and actually use their brain if they were actually in this crisis. Everyone may not love it because they want something scary but I promise this movie is just as worthy of watching , but if not maybe go for something more rated R .

I think that the movie tried to communicate that you should always do the right thing even for other people's sake . You're not a bad person because of what you are accused of and shouldnt turn into something or act a way because people think that's who you are and in the end everyone deserves justice .

Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark is one of the best “horror” films to watch if you want to feel like you're on a rollercoaster . It's intense , entertaining , and builds up suspense and curiosity . I would definitely recommend it to those who love movies just as intensely , or for young adults .