A Quiet Place Movie Review | Teen Ink

A Quiet Place Movie Review

January 23, 2024
By tacomaker200006 BRONZE, Sacramento, California
tacomaker200006 BRONZE, Sacramento, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Imagine living in a post apocalyptic world where silence is the key to survival. Well here is , “ A quiet place ” a suspenseful and thrilling edging movie.


A Quiet Place is a 2019 horror film directed by John Krasinski , who also stars in the movie as the main character. A Quiet Place , takes place in a post-apocalyptic world where John Krasinski , Emily Blunt who plays his wife in the movie must fend for themselves and their family travel to get necessities all whilst being silent because being silent is the key to survival in this world. A Quiet Place has received and has been nominated for quite a lot of awards , such as an Academy Award for “ Best Sound Editing ” and won the Critics’ Choice Movie Award for Best Sci-Fi/Horror Movie.

In  “ A Quiet Place ” , the main characters are portrayed by John Krasinski and Emily Blunt. John Krasinski who portrays Lee Abbott , the father of the family , who is absolutely determined and willing to do anything to protect his family although it is not always possible to always protect his children. Emily Blunt who portrays Evelyn Abbott , a strong , resilient , and resourceful mother who faces challenges to survive and protect her children.


The Abbott family must navigate a world where the only way to survive is to be absolutely silent. Any single noise being made can attract some mysterious creatures that rely on their hearing to hunt anything and everyone down. The tension and suspense build as they do everything possible to survive and protect their children.


A Quiet Place was anything but any other horror movie. This movie was uniquely made. Although there is no direct dialogue in the film the movie speaks for itself .The suspense , the camera shots ,  the sound editing in the movie really makes you feel what they ,  the characters are feeling. This movie left me on edge with the way it was so intense 

and suspenseful. For example in a scene the family goes into town to get basic necessities , but whilst shopping the youngest Abbott child finds a rocket toy but it is battery operated , Lee and the child's siblings explain to him why he cannot play with the toy if it has batteries. They leave and he stubbornly takes the batteries anyways. As they walk back home everyone turns around because they hear the sound of a toy rocket. The child is seen playing with it. Lee runs towards his child before the creatures get to him. Although it's too late. There really is nothing even remotely comparable to this film , the actor's performance was phenomenal. Although the best part was realizing why they must live in complete silence. There is no movie that has done it like this movie. To anyone reading, I highly recommend this thrilling film. Everything about this movie is absolutely perfection.


 In conclusion , “ A Quiet Place ” , is a gripping cinematic masterpiece. This film will leave a lasting impact and just so proving that silence can be as powerful as any spoken word.


The author's comments:

i love poetry and music.