The Quiet Place | Teen Ink

The Quiet Place

January 26, 2024
By mongtrue-her2006 SILVER, Sac, California
mongtrue-her2006 SILVER, Sac, California
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
“In my mind, I’m always the best. I don’t care what people say, what the other people think- in my mind, I’m always the best.” Cristiano Ronaldo.


They can hear you. A Quiet Place is a PG-13 drama/horror/sci-fi movie and is an hour and 30 mins long. A family being challenged everyday to their limit if they are going to make it out alive or not. A Quiet Place with almost no dialogue, offers a great visual storytelling, and proves to us how hard it is for humans to be unheard. When I first watched A Quiet Place, it changed my mind about horror movies. I used to think all horror movies are terrifying. Despite that, after watching A Quiet Place, the scariest would be a 7/10 where I actually watched the whole movie. A Quiet Place still gave me jump scares, strong irony and tension.


A Quiet Place released on April 6, 2018 and directed by John Krasinski. The movie is about a family who battles to survive in a world where most humans have been killed by sensitive sound creatures. The family lives on a farm and uses American sign language to communicate with each other. Evely Abbott and Lee Abbott are strong loving parents who will make a sacrifice without hesitation to save their children's lives. The Abbott family have a clever teen daughter named Regan Abbott and a brave young teen son named Marcus Abbott. 


The mother instantly caught my attention, named Evely Abbott. Evely plays mama bear, an intelligent woman, and constantly doing her best to stay strong for her family in moments when there seems no hope. I am inspired by how brave Evely is. In moments she has gone face to face in front of the deadly creature without screaming and loudly panicking.


Evely Abbott is cast by Emily Blunt. Emily Blunt is an all time icon. Evely Abbott's character slightly image Emily Blunt because in 2014 she became a mother of 2 daughters, the second daughter came in 2016. Emily Blunt is married to John Krasinski(Lee Abbott) as they are a marriage together, parents themselves in real life, which makes the movie even better. 

A Quiet Place became a number one hit where in 2020 A Quiet Place ll came out and in 2025 A Quiet Place lll will be coming in theaters. Since the story continued, it proves to you how great a movie A Quiet Place is.


A Quiet Place is my first horror movie I have fully watched. It is a friendly horror movie if you are looking forward to not being too scared where you can fully watch and enjoy it. We live in a noisy world where it is difficult to imagine that consent sounds being gone. I highly recommend this movie for young adults and older people that are interested in watching a family drama, unique horror movie, and for people who say action/doing speaks louder than words.


The author's comments:

After watching the Quiet Place. I was inspired by how true action speaks louder than words. In life you mostly hear what you want to hear but then when reality hits you, it's going to come in hard with a lot of doing than talking. We live in a noisy world that's difficult to imagine that consonant sounds are gone.