Supersize Me! | Teen Ink

Supersize Me!

June 20, 2009
By Anonymous

Do you love fast food? Most Americans do. But the real question is do you know what it does to you or do you know exactly what you are eating? Supersize Me is a documentary about fast food. A man named Morgan eats McDonald’s for one month for breakfast, lunch and dinner. He wants to know what will happen to him and others if they eat too much fast food. Some of the movie you might find a little disturbing but it really shows us that we should be more cautious about what we eat.

Supersize Me has many facts that are so surprising. Did you know that we are one of the most obese countries in the world? Some parts in the movie you’ll just laugh at because some people know all the words to a Big Mac commercial and not even know the Pledge of Allegiance. The Advertising Company brainwashes people with advertisements leaving kids knowing who Ronald McDonald is over historical figures. At times, you are never going to want fast food again! Morgan gains a lot of weight in the amount of time eating McDonald’s and he gets addicted. He gets sick more than usual and it gets harder for him to do daily activities such as walking up the stairs.

I would definitely recommend this movie to people of all ages. If we eat fast food too often, we’ll probably end up obese and have problems with internal organs. And if you think that fast food won’t haunt you in the long run, it absolutely will. What Morgan did, was not pointless at all. Our country needed a wakeup call on the harms of fast food. I found this movie to be extremely interesting and I’m really going to start watching what I eat! The music in the movie was good too and it went along with the video clips that we shown. I liked how Morgan went to McDonald’s all over the U.S. and he saw the differences in sizes in the meals and in the people.

This documentary can teach us all a lesson. We shouldn’t be so influenced by the advertising companies because it is just food that they are trying to sell us. If there is a food that you love, you can turn to a healthy alternative but don’t turn to fast food as one of them! When you are healthy you feel great! Fast food can turn around your attitude, health and many more. When many people see this movie, they’ll say but I don’t eat fast food everyday so none of this will happen to me! Oh yes, it still can. It can happen to anyone if they have a bad eating diet. Watch Supersize Me today!