Mean Girls | Teen Ink

Mean Girls

By mongtrue-her2006 SILVER, Sac, California
mongtrue-her2006 SILVER, Sac, California

“In my mind, I’m always the best. I don’t care what people say, what the other people think- in my mind, I’m always the best.” Cristiano Ronaldo.

Out of all the dumb girl teenager movies, Mean girls is an all time classic. Meet Cady Heron (Lindsay Lohan). Her family moves to the suburbs of Illinois, where Cady finally gets to experience public school in junior high after being homeschooled in Africa by her parents. Cady catches the “Plastics” attention are a trio whose drama queen leader is Regina George. The “Plastics” are rich, beautiful, and popular. Cady accidentally falls for Regina George's ex boyfriend (breaking girl code) and secretly tries to ruin Regina George's life. Don’t let Regina find out.

Cady is a smart girl who loves math. She is a nature lover when on her first day of school, when she sees the chaos, it reminds her of the wildness of African forests and animals. Cady meets friends her first day, Janis Lan and Damian. They showed Cady around school and warned her about the “plastics”. Janis Lan holds a strong grudge on Regina George and plans for Cady to get close to her and to ruin her life. Cady hangs out with the “plastics”. Trying to make them like her so they can let Cady know their secrets. But getting too carried away Cady forgets who she is and becomes a mean girl. 

This film is very entertaining and has great drama. Mean girls is an all time movie that has lived on for generations since 2004. The story line still continues. There is a “Mean Girls” remake in 2024 but it could never be better than the original. As this film is a high school movie and it’s not just for teens but also for adults. There are plenty of clever sarcastic jokes that both teens and adults will get a laugh out of. I don't understand how people could think this film is boring. The actors play a great fit into the characters. Very popular actors, Lindsay Lohan, Rachel McAdams, Tina Fey etc. This is a smart and funny teen movie that deserves to be seen.  

Mean girls is a surprisingly touching story that many people will be able to relate to. It's a story about learning how to become a better person but in order to do that, you have to figure out who you truly are. This movie showcases this excellence. Means Girls expertly blends amazing comedy with a touching and honest story mixed with some of the most iconic performances of the 2000s. 

Mean Girls is a PG-13 film but I would not recommend it for a family movie night with kids. Mean Girls was engaging with comedy, romance, and somewhat real-life situations that students face in high school.  Mean girl is definitely worth the watch. “On Wednesdays we wear PINK!”

Mean Girls was worth the watch. I know you may have seen clips on social media but its not the same as watching the whole movie. You forget how funny and entertaining this movie is. I thought the same too but after watching Mean Girls, it's so worth it.