Mean girls | Teen Ink

Mean girls

By felicalagoat BRONZE, Sacramento, California
felicalagoat BRONZE, Sacramento, California

Entering high school is probably one of the most anticipating moments of your life but also one of the scariest and that's what Mean Girls is about. This film follows the life of a 16-year-old girl named Cady Heron who after being homeschooled most of her life is finally going to public school and while she is there she makes new friends who change her for their sake.  When I first watched this film I was maybe in elementary school, I remember finding the film very funny and wondering if that's what high school would be like, and of course it was a little dramatic but pretty true.

Mean Girls which takes place in the 2000ś is about a new girl named Cady who moved from South Africa after being homeschooled most of her life and is finally entering a public school. During her first day of school, she meets Janis and Damian who show her the way around the school and the different types of people who go there one of them which is the plastic and how they aren't to be trusted. To their surprise, the ¨leader¨ of the group Reigna Geroge asks Cady to sit down with her and her friends during lunch, because of this Janis decides to make a plan and take her revenge on Regina because of something that happened during middle school. Janis makes a plan in which Cady has to become Regina's friend so that they can ruin her life just like she did to Jains. During all of this, Cady becomes exactly like the plastic and becomes two-faced just them. What Cady doesn't know about Regina is that she also is playing with her feelings.

The two characters that stood out to me the most were Regina George and Jains and how similar but different they are. I find it very interesting how both of them used Cady for their advantage. How Regina George was just using her and playing with her feelings with the guy she liked. Janis on the other hand used Cady to get back at Regina because of something that happened in middle school.

I remember the first time I watched this movie and wondered if high school was going to be like this, and it was in some aspects. This movie is the type of film you’ll find yourself binge-watching over and over again. whenever I need to laugh or have to relate to something, I watch Mean Girls.

I recommend Mean Girls to all those people who just wanna laugh and think back to the high school years, but also to those who are about to enter high school or still in high school.

mean Girls is a film you don't wanna miss