Step Brothers | Teen Ink

Step Brothers

By Jorge Espinal BRONZE, Aventura, Florida
Jorge Espinal BRONZE, Aventura, Florida

The movie Step Brothers (2008), directed by Adam Mckay, is a great movie to watch and have a laugh at. This film is about two forty year-old spoiled men, Dale Brennan Huff (Will Ferrell) and Dale Doback (John C. Reilly), who live with their parents, but when their parents get married to each other, havoc occurs. The movie begins when Nancy meets Robert (Richard Jenkins) at a hearing aid conference. They were “eye flirting” the whole time and right after the conference they begin dating. Soon enough they got married. The film contains a lot of crude, infantile humor, that to some may be considered hilarious. “Dad, we're men. That means a few things - we like to **** with the door open, we talk about *****, we go on riverboat gambling trips, and we make our own beef jerky. That's what we do, and now that is all wrecked.” Dale says this to his dad right before Brennan and Nancy (Mary Steenburgen) come to live with him.
Throughout the whole movie you can see that Robert is trying to make Dale and Brennan grow up and get on with their lives. He tells them that they need to get out and actually make something out of themselves; he even lines them up for job interviews. Dale and Brennan both show up to their job interviews wearing tuxedoes, and as they're called back for their first interview Dale screams, “We're here to **** $%@# up!” At the end of the day they are at their last interview and it seems to be going quite well, when out of nowhere Brennan lets out a long extended fart. “It just kept going, and it made a sound. It was embarrassing.”
The whole movie just shows how the two step brothers bond, in a hilarious, comical way. The movie should be seen by kids 13 years old and older. There is one very short sex scene, but John C Riley, being the actor that he is, made it a hilarious one. This movie can be watched 100 times and it will still be funny because Will Ferrell's comedy never gets old and his script writing/creativity is unbeatable. They even created a song that has made millions of people burst into laughter. There are no two better actors to play 40 year old men that live with their parents. I give this movie and A+, and if you want a good laugh you should go see it as soon as possible.

hgfghfjhf said...
just a little bit better than clash of clans

cadam123 said...
I could wach this movie100 times and always laugh. It's one of my favorite movies ever!!!

moedee13 said...
This movie is also up at the top with the movie Hangover.

moedee13 said...
I think this movie is extremely funny. No matter how many times you watch it you still get a good laugh at it. Although the movie has a lot of foul language and innapropriate scenes, it is still worth seeing. I would only recommend this movie with a good sense of humor and someone mature.

laxkid17 said...
on Jun. 10 2010 at 8:13 am
Yes... Must See movie!!:)

blackear21 said...
I live in a remote community and our only local video store has closed. I am trying to remember the name of a movie that was among the previews on the DVD of Step Brothers, It was about a theater company. That's all I remember except that i wanted to see it.

patientkindbalancedfine BRONZE, New York, New York

"Things do not change; we change."

Three words:

BOATS AND HOES.

lllshd09 said...
Haha this movie is soooooooooo funny!!!!

wdf ?? said...
i dont understand

good movie good movie...

loll said...
i like this movie and i like the name of pedrol'enculeur loll

This movie was so great!! I just cross my bamboo on this movie. It was so great.

nigaaaa said...
YES TONIGHT IS YOUR LUCKY NIGHT

Lol your all beautiful

I love this movie it's to funny !!! I will buy this movie !!!

This movie was really funny. I agree all your comments. It was hilarious.

This is one of the most hilarious movie I ever seen of my life!!! :)

Do you like chatons?

I agree with the critic it's really hilarious and if you want to laugh with friends it's a good movie

Mvv22 said...
This movie was one of the most hilarious movies i have ever seen in my life!!