Step Brothers | Teen Ink

Step Brothers

September 18, 2009
By Jorge Espinal BRONZE, Aventura, Florida
Jorge Espinal BRONZE, Aventura, Florida
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The movie Step Brothers (2008), directed by Adam Mckay, is a great movie to watch and have a laugh at. This film is about two forty year-old spoiled men, Dale Brennan Huff (Will Ferrell) and Dale Doback (John C. Reilly), who live with their parents, but when their parents get married to each other, havoc occurs. The movie begins when Nancy meets Robert (Richard Jenkins) at a hearing aid conference. They were “eye flirting” the whole time and right after the conference they begin dating. Soon enough they got married. The film contains a lot of crude, infantile humor, that to some may be considered hilarious. “Dad, we're men. That means a few things - we like to **** with the door open, we talk about *****, we go on riverboat gambling trips, and we make our own beef jerky. That's what we do, and now that is all wrecked.” Dale says this to his dad right before Brennan and Nancy (Mary Steenburgen) come to live with him.
Throughout the whole movie you can see that Robert is trying to make Dale and Brennan grow up and get on with their lives. He tells them that they need to get out and actually make something out of themselves; he even lines them up for job interviews. Dale and Brennan both show up to their job interviews wearing tuxedoes, and as they're called back for their first interview Dale screams, “We're here to **** $%@# up!” At the end of the day they are at their last interview and it seems to be going quite well, when out of nowhere Brennan lets out a long extended fart. “It just kept going, and it made a sound. It was embarrassing.”
The whole movie just shows how the two step brothers bond, in a hilarious, comical way. The movie should be seen by kids 13 years old and older. There is one very short sex scene, but John C Riley, being the actor that he is, made it a hilarious one. This movie can be watched 100 times and it will still be funny because Will Ferrell's comedy never gets old and his script writing/creativity is unbeatable. They even created a song that has made millions of people burst into laughter. There are no two better actors to play 40 year old men that live with their parents. I give this movie and A+, and if you want a good laugh you should go see it as soon as possible.