Primary Colors | Teen Ink

Primary Colors MAG

By Anonymous

   Primary Colors When you see John Travolta's lips smothered in powder from his recently devoured donut, his eyes all a-twinkle as he sweet-talks the media, lying about sexual scandals to his wife and his country, you know you are seeing a first-class rendition of President Clinton (or, as he's known here, Gov. Jack Stanton).

We see Gov. Stanton lying, cheating and inhaling fast food as he travels around the country, trying to convince the common folk that they need him in office. He's made himself into an American stereotype by doing all the things that we thought he was against.

The movie is difficult to follow, due to its length. However, anyone interested in the lying and cheating that could be going on behind the closed doors of our White House will be interested in this movie.

"Primary Colors" is well-written, well-produced and well-directed. The writer creates feelings of sorrow, disgust and excitement for Jack Stanton and his wife. Gov. Stanton seems to be the only one running for what he believes in - at least that's what people think. However, it becomes evident that Gov. Stanton is nothing special. He's just an average American male: lying, cheating and getting himself into family and political trouble. He overcomes all this trouble with a little help from old friends and gets elected to the White House.

In conclusion, this movie is one that will leave you wondering whether to feel happy for Gov. Stanton or disgusted with him. "Primary Colors" is well-written, with interesting truth to the plot.BR>