The Crucible | Teen Ink

The Crucible

October 19, 2007
By Anonymous

THE CRUCIBLE



The Crucible was an excellent movie! It was definitely a suspense movie. The movie takes place in Salem Massachusetts during the Salem witch-hunt! The main characters are John Proctor, Abigail Williams, and Goodie Proctor. (All main characters were real people) This is a true story.

The story is about a girl named Abigail Williams and her love For John Proctor. Twenty or so girls go to a black slave named Tituba in the woods and they ask her to cast spells to make certain boys fall in love with them. Abigail Williams kills a chicken and drinks its blood (drinking the blood means she wants Goodie Proctor, John Proctors wife, to die) and everyone starts dancing. Someone follows them into the forest and sees them dancing. To save themselves from being-accused as witches they accuse the black slave Tituba. She lies and says she is a witch and then she accuses two women of being witches. Then the girls start acting afflicted and fall to the ground writhing in pain each time the accused talked. Soon enough Abigail accuses Goodie Proctor of being a witch. John Proctor convinces one of the girls to tell the truth and say they were acting. The head council scares her and the afflicted girls put her in a state of pure terror. She snaps and accuses John Proctor of a wizard. John proctor was, arrested. Soon everyone lost trust in Abigail because she killed so many innocent people. She decided to leave Salem and went to Barbados. John Proctor decided that he was not going to lie. He decided he would die with his honor. John Proctor was, sentenced to death by hanging.


This movie to me was very realistic. It is kind of an accurate historical account. John Proctor and Abigail Williams did not have an affair in real life but other than that, it was pretty, historical. My favorite part of the movie was at the very end when two women accused of witchcraft and John Proctor was ready to be hung. They all started saying a prayer, and they all died with their honor.

This was a great move. I recommend it if you want to see a good movie, or if you want to learn about the Salem witch trials.