Eragon | Teen Ink

Eragon

Eragon

As a fanatic of fantasy novels, I have, of course read Eragon and its sequel, Eldest. I must say I loved both. When I heard the movie was about to be made, I was, in fact, eager to see it. I took my first chance and saw it on the big screen. As I watched the movie, my disgust grew. This wasn't the same story I knew and loved.

The transitions were too fast, the characters' personalities were altered significantly, a lot of characters were completely left out, everything happened wrong. What bothered me most about this movie was the ending. The way this movie ended left no possible way for the writers to get back to the story. Just by watching this movie, I could guess the ones behind the picture hadn't read the sequel. It felt as if they were creating their own alternate ending, with a similarity to the original, that allowed them to cram it into a tiny movie.
I strongly advise those who have read the book to avoid the movie.

ConnorM. SILVER, Brighton, Michigan
I to, agree. I was very young when I saw Eragon, but I thought it was just a poor move, in comparison to the book. You're right, the Battle for Farthen Dur was whacked out, with Saphira helping Eragon kill Durza, and Galbitorix's soldiers being there, and especially Arya leaving. Now that was just weird.

Kaitlynn G said...
Hi Marie,

I completely agree with you. I too was very excited about them making Eragon into a movie, but I was very disappointed about HOW they made it. Yes, I think the movie was good in it's own way, but it's nothing like the book. I agree: Anyone who loves the books the way they are, stay away from this movie.