Eclipse | Teen Ink

Eclipse

By Katie R PLATINUM, Fort Plain, New York
Katie R PLATINUM, Fort Plain, New York

"Eclipse" the third movie in the beloved "Twilight" saga brings everything you were hoping for from the story and so, SO much more.

The third installment in this modern classic of a series takes place during Bella and Edward's senior year at Forks High School. Of course, they are still madly in love, and they still have their secrets to keep from their schoolmates and Bella's parents, which includes changing Bella into a vampire during the summer after graduation. For once, life for Bella is normal-at least as normal as it can get. But when massive serial killings are reported in Seattle around the same time that an unknown intruder steels from Bella's room, her almost perfect life gets turned upside down into a fight for survival. Bella and the Cullen's realize this when they also realize that Victoria is the one behind the killings and has been creating a New Born army out of the reported Seattle victims. Victoria intends to destroy the Cullen's in an epic battle with her New Born army by her side, stopping at nothing to destroy Bella for once and for all. To help them win this battle and out number the New Borns, the Cullens enlist the help of their natural enemies-Bella's friends-the werewolves. As Bella, once again, becomes involved with the werewolves, her relationship with Jacob becomes cofusing and heart-wrenching again when he declares his love for her. As an ultimate battle is taking place for her flesh, an ultimate battle is also taking place for Bella's heart as Jacob makes her choose between Edward's eternal love that would take Bella away from him, or Jacob's love and friendship that would never end until she breathed her last breath.

With a heart-pounding beginning that flies you straight into the middle of the screen, unbelievable mind-boggling action, and a wonderful cast that is just as loved as the movies and books themselves, "Eclipse" is all of the excitement of "Twilight" and "New Moon" put together times ten. The filmmakers brought a good, different feel to the film as they bring the book to life in an amazing way. With keeping respective parts of the book in the movie, they also added parts that were never in the book which bring a lot more depth to the story and makes the movie more intriguing then it already is. This also includes adding parts from the "Eclipse" companion novella "The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner" which really rounds out the film. Not to mention that the brief bios and insights into the deaths and transformations of some of the characters makes the characters more intriguing as well. Bottom line: "Eclipse" is the irresistable epic of this world-wide phenomenon of a saga that you just can't watch only once with it's wonderful action, amazing soundtrack, and a chemistry between Edward and Bella that is at its peek in the third installment of the "Twilight" saga. Be prepared to expect much, much, much more than you ever expected as you witness the most epic movie of the "Twilight" saga that is "Eclipse." Enjoy!

Lexi-pex GOLD said...
Lexi-pex GOLD, Billingham, Other

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
- Eleanor Roosevelt

well written. well done.