The Spy Next Door | Teen Ink

The Spy Next Door

November 3, 2010
By Katie R PLATINUM, Fort Plain, New York
Katie R PLATINUM, Fort Plain, New York
47 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Bob Hoe is an average pen salesmen who lives next door to his girlfriend and her three kids who can't stand him. All in all, he lives a normal life. Or does he? The truth is that being a pen salesmen is really just Bob Hoe's cover. His real profession: F.B.I. agent on loan from Asain Intelligence. Bob finally decides that the next criminal that he puts behind bars will be his last since he's decided to retire and live a truly normal life. When his girlfriend has to leave town to take care of her sick father, Bob sees it as an opportunity to spend some time with her kids and get to know them better. I mean, how hard could babysitting three kids be for a spy? He finds out just how hard it can be as the kids give him a run for his money. As the kids try to push his buttons at every which angle possible, Bob figures out that the only way he can keep them in check is by babysitting the spy way, using an arsenal of available gadgets to keep the kids under control and on his radar. Just as he starts to get the kids semi-under control, the latest criminal that he put behind bars escapes the slammer and comes after him, looking for a top secret file that was sent to his computer. Will Bob be able to protect the kids and save the world all at the same time? And will the kids finally realize that Bob isn't such a bad guy after all?

With a wonderfully talented cast that includes Jackie Chan, George Lopez, and Lucas Till, "The Spy Next Door" is a one of a kind spy movie. The script's wonderful sense of humor and action packed moments truly embrace anything and everything spy. It's a true high-action delight for the whole family. Enjoy!