Hunger Games the Movie | Teen Ink

Hunger Games the Movie

By Love-is-painful BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
Love-is-painful BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona

Live what you do, do what you love, Broken hearts hurt worse than broken bones

Do you think that it is right for people to be making a movie on the Hunger Games book series? Have you seen the people who are playing Katniss, Peeta, and Gale? Have you read the books, and seen how difficult it is to follow everything? Do you think that this movie is going to turn out just like the Percy Jackson Series? Do you think that people who read the series are going to like the movie as much as the books? Well I have and in this review I am going to answer all of these questions.

For those who have read the Hunger Games book series and heard that a movie is going to be made about the books. Well I think this is just a stupid idea, people should not make a movie out of a book that thousands of people have read. That mostly ruins the whole thing because on my opinion movies that take after books are SO BAD that no one wants to watch them. And that means that the people who made the movie aren’t going to get that much money, in fact they might not get money at all. I also feel bad for the actors and the actresses because they might become the big laughing spot. Imagine you are in a movie about a book and it SUCKED! How would you feel if people laughed at you every time you passed by them? I don’t think you would feel very good. My opinion I would be afraid to leave my house because I really don’t like being laughed at.

Well back to the big topic about the Hunger Games becoming a movie. The characters: Katniss, Peeta, and Gale. The girl who is playing Katniss has blonde hair and in the book Katniss has brown hair. But the girl wanted to be Katniss so badly that she dyed her hair brown. So she is now apparently perfect for the role of Katniss. But I think different I think that she is going to be the worse person to play Katniss ever! First reason why is because Katniss is a huge tomboy and the girl that is playing her is a big girly girl. Even though she might be a good actress I don’t think she can play every role perfect. I know there is a saying “No one is perfect” and others too, but still if you want to play a character in the Hunger Games you have to play the role perfect of everything will be wrong. So next character is Peeta the boy with blonde hair and blue eyes. But the guy who is playing him has brown hair and brown eyes, and is refusing to dye his hair blonde. So unless the guy who is playing Peeta changes his mind and dyes his hair blonde Peeta is going to turn out a crappie character. Then if Peeta is bad then that is not good and the movie is definitely going to be HORRIBLE! So the last character is Gale, the guy who is playing Gale is like 20 years old, and he is super tall and has blue eyes. He already changed his hair color, but how are they going to do his eye color gale’s eyes are brown not blue? Also he doesn’t look anything like the way they explain Gale in the book.

If you have read the books you know that they are amazing. Some people might not like them, but I know a lot of people love the books. The books have so much detail that there doesn’t really need to be a movie because you can mostly imagine the whole book in your head. So the movie might ruin the images you put together in your head. Sometimes the movie makes the setting way different then it is in the book. This is just usually not a good thing. It ruins it for people who have a perfect image in their head. Also the movie will make it harder for the readers/watchers to follow along because the book has so many different settings and feelings that it gets confusing which the movie will just make worse.

What happens if the Hunger Games movie turns out to be just like the Percy Jackson movie? And I think that they are going to make more than one movie for the Hunger Games and Percy Jackson. There are three books for the Hunger Games and there are five books for the Percy Jackson series. That’s a lot of terrible movies they are going to make… Don’t you think?

I don’t think that people who read the book are going to like the movie because the book is too good to become a movie. Every time a book turns into a movie it is mostly always a disaster. Well some people might like the Twilight series movies and books, but in that all of the vampires are just sparkling pixies. But in the Hunger Games it is very violent when it comes to the Hunger Games. Well I hope you agree with me about the Hunger Games being a movie as a bad idea.

the Hunger Games movie is going to be terrible!!!

I take back everything i said about the Hunger Games movie as being bad!!! It was actually really good... My bad for the judgement! :) :(

L-U-C said...
Thats not right! I LOVED DA MOVIE!!!!!!!!

Billy Mays said...
Sorry about that.... that wasnt meant to be said... or was it O.o

ted-r-w said...
The hunger games movie was spot on they left out a few details here and there that was neccesary

Sort of, not really

Ally_H. GOLD said...
Ally_H. GOLD, Bridgeport, West Virginia

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don\'t matter and those who matter don\'t mind.

Are you serious with this...?