Beastly | Teen Ink

Beastly

July 16, 2011
By Katie R PLATINUM, Fort Plain, New York
Katie R PLATINUM, Fort Plain, New York
47 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Kyle is the most popular, most beautiful person in school, and he's not afraid to flaunt it or mock the "ugly" people who don't have it as good as him. Kendra is the ugly goth who goes to school with Kyle. When Kyle picks on her and goes too far, Kendra shows him that he's messing with the wrong person, or witch I should say. Kendra magically turns him into the ugliest person imaginable, taking his ugly on the inside and putting it on the outside. The only way Kyle can go back to beautiful is by finding someone who can truly say to him "I love you" before the year is up.

Kyle doesn't want to wait a year to find love and change himself, he would rather find a quick fix. He turns to his father, who is just as conscious about his looks, for help. They try every skin specialist, but no one can fix the problem. Kyle's father finally abandons him and sends him to live hidden in an apartment with the housekeeper and a witty, blind school tutor.

After months of being "ugly" and no one to love him, Kyle finally thinks that his chances of going back to his old self are zero. Until he meets Lindy, one of his old schoolmates whose dad lands in some pretty deep trouble. With Lindy's life at risk due to her father's mistake, Kyle offers to let her stay in his apartment for her safe-keeping. There, Lindy and Kyle get to know each other and start a relationship that send sparks flying between them. Kyle's hope of finding a cure for his disfiguration grows, realizing that Lindy can see beyond his ugly outside and could possibly be the one person to say, "I love you."


With an awesome star-filled cast that includes Alex Pettyfer, Vanessa Hudgens, Mary-Kate Olsen, and Neil Patrick Harris, "Beastly" is heartwarming, heart-wrenching, funny, and, at times, a thrill ride. Each actor does a fabulous job living in their character's unique skins. Bottom Line: "Beastly" is a fantastic teen love story that will leave you wanting to watch it again and again. Enjoy!