Limitless | Teen Ink

Limitless

July 22, 2011
By bRonwYn_e GOLD, Bon Aqua, Tennessee
bRonwYn_e GOLD, Bon Aqua, Tennessee
19 articles 1 photo 14 comments

Favorite Quote:
Denial is expected in the face of puuure eeevil.


I enjoy movies (in fact, book and songs as well) that leave me with the question: What would I do? If faced with this choice in this situation, what would be my response?

The whole movie revolves around one man and his encounter with a drug that opens up the potential of the human mind. Viewers see him experience the new side of himself, the focused, articulate, intelligent side, for the first time.

Viewers feel his yearning to be successful, to feel powerful enough to make a difference in the world. And it was that connection I felt to the character that sparked my thoughts.

What if I was given the opportunity to take a drug like that? What if I could not just be smart, but understand the most difficult things? The idea appealed to me.

Then almost at the end of the movie, his supply runs out, and he’s left feeling normal. Less than normal, because normal people haven’t had that taste of limitless. He would do anything to get back what he had.

Would I really want to have that hunger as long as I lived? And if my supply ran out, to be left empty for the rest of my life? Knowing what I could’ve had?

The question keeps turning around and around in my mind, like a ballerina figurine on a music box. And that is what I love about this movie, the unanswerable question looming just around the corner, waiting to wind the gears of the mind.