Fellowship of the Ring | Teen Ink

Fellowship of the Ring

March 14, 2008
By Anonymous

"The first review to receive 11 out of 10 flaming Cyclopes monkeys.”

“One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, one ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them.” –From the opening Prologue of ‘The Fellowship of the Ring

The first movie in the Lord of the Rings trilogy, directed Peter Jackson, is the Fellowship of the Ring. This movie is about the journey of Frodo and the Fellowship, the name of the group that set of to destroy the ring along with Frodo, on their way to destroy the ring. But no one ever said it would be a walk in the park…I think that this movie is one of the best out today, and I’m going to tell you why.

The move begins when Gandalf the Grey comes to the Shire to celebrate Frodo’s Uncle Bilbo’s 111th birthday. But that night, Bilbo leaves everything he owns to Frodo, and sets off for Rivendale, the city of the elves. Along with his possessions, Bilbo leaves Frodo the ring that he found 60 years before in a cave inhabited by Golem, the previous owner of the ring.

Frodo has no idea what to do with the ring, but Gandalf tells him that he must travel to Mt. Doom, or else the evil forces, (the Nazguhl, trolls, orcs and goblins), will never stop hunting him until they have the ring.

While Gandalf is telling Frodo this, Sam (Frodo’s best friend) is listening outside the window. For fear that the news might spread, Gandalf forces Sam to come with him and Frodo to Mt. Doom on there journey to destroy the ring. On their journey, they meet up with Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli at Rivendale and along with Pippin and Merri, from there Fellowship of the Ring. Aragorn is a ranger and heir to the throne of Gondor, Gimli is a dwarf whose uncle was one of the dwarves who set out with Bilbo’s journey to kill the dragon Smaug, Legolas is an Elvin archer who’s old friends with Aragorn, and Merri and Pippin are hobbits who are friends with Sam and Frodo and also Frodo’s 2nd cousins. From there they all form the Fellowship and set off to destroy the ring.

This movie rates very high among other action/adventure/fantasy movies because it has a very upbeat storyline, excellent action/battle scenes, and great actors who can support the plot of this movie and play their role very well. This movie could be compared to the Star Wars series because they both have an awesome plot that makes the viewer want to see the next movie, and then the next after that. Between the two movies are very well performing actors, a great plot, and a thrilling storyline. This movie is very closely related to the book and for people who have read the books, I think that you would really like the movie, and for people who like the movie I think that you would greatly like the book.

This Movie has a great Plot, actors and storyline. The movie has a great plot because it drags you in and you never know what’s going to happen next. The movie’s storyline is very well written because it takes a lot of skill to write a script as awesome as the script for Lord of the Rings, and because I don’t know how someone would come up with more than a ten hour story, (ten hours if you watch the whole trilogy), and make it so exciting and action-packed.

The only bad thing about this movie is, some would say, the length. Some might argue that the movie would have to be that long in order for all the details to be included and for the plot to make sense. I think that it’s very good that it’s long because if it weren’t there wouldn’t be half as much action or plot, which make this movie one of the best out there today.

This movie over all is very good and I give it 11 out of 10 stars. I recommend this movie to people who like Action/Adventure/Fantasy books, movie or any other media of that genre, and also to people who liked the series of novels by J.R.R. Tolkien.