Contagion | Teen Ink

Contagion

By arcanine24 PLATINUM, Ventnor, New Jersey
arcanine24 PLATINUM, Ventnor, New Jersey

Everyone has a story; just some are more interesting to read than others.

“Don't talk to anyone, don't touch anyone. Stay away from other people.” Contagion borrows an overdone plot device and adds its own unique flair. An epidemic sweeps across the world, and it is up to one man who is fortuitously immune to the plague to save his family from the invisible threat. At least, this is what you can infer from the trailer. However, after viewing Contagion, I get more of a documentary sort of vibe from the film. No matter what chaos may be occurring, Contagion always brings it back to the cold hard facts; the Science. If Contagion is a "horror movie," as director Soderbergh has described it, then you can think of it as the most believable zombie movie ever made. The irony of this film is that it's all about how we need to come together to conquer a calamity that pushes us apart. Contagion is a draw dropping sci-thriller that will leave you hanging on the edge of your seat, perplexed with the idea that this epidemic might take place, and twitchy about the guy coughing in the row of seats behind you.

this is a brief summary of one of my favorite thrillers, which doesn't give much of the plot away.

_emilia_ SILVER, Somers Point, New Jersey

"If you're going through hell, keep going."

LOl i sat on the couch itching myself after I saw it...haha Den

Mikesa55362 said...
nice! i liked that movie too