The Lorax | Teen Ink

The Lorax

By gemar BRONZE, Glendale, Arizona
gemar BRONZE, Glendale, Arizona

The Lorax was a deceiving movie from the previews. Despite getting taken aback by the storyline, I feel that it was deceiving in a good way. The movie taught children the importance of natural preservation and the value of conservation of trees and our planet.

Ted (Zac Efron) wants to win Audrey's (Taylor Swift) heart. The movie starts out with Ted flying his airplane into Audrey’s back yard, just to be able to come in and hang out with her. She takes him into her back yard and winds up telling Ted the tale of the ‘mystical’ trees. After hearing the story, Ted goes home to his mother and grandmother to hear more about these ‘trees’. He sets out into the outskirts of Needsville, traveling to the unthinkable, through the unknown to learn the tale of the Lorax in search of the very last tree. In doing so, he meets a new friend, The Once-ler. The Once-ler teaches Ted patience and the importance of making new friends. Ted learns how the world once was, with trees, growing wild and freely all around. Everyone enjoyed trees as they pleased until one day, when a determined soul arrived, in search of the paradise and wonderland he had always dreamed of. One wrong mistake, that’s all it took. Ted brought life back to Needsville and the community was overjoyed by the great environmental deed provided by a small determined boy.

The world is going through a tough time. The Ozone layer is depleting and the healthy environmental rate decreasing. Many people have established organizations working towards maintaining a stable environment. Changes need to be made. It’s not going to be easy, but adjustments are necessary. It starts with just one, someone like Ted.

Movie Review on The Lorax