The Hunger Games | Teen Ink

The Hunger Games

April 5, 2012
By TheNerdGirl PLATINUM, Glen Ellyn, Illinois
TheNerdGirl PLATINUM, Glen Ellyn, Illinois
26 articles 28 photos 34 comments

Favorite Quote:
Shoot for the moon because even if you miss you'll still end up among the star's


The hunger games trilogy was an amazing book that now has fans excited for the new movie. As a huge fan myself i can honestly say that the movie was a gigantic hit. I have to say i went to the theater completely expecting to be disappointed but in left happily surprised. In my opinion the film makers did a fantastic job. They paid close attention to every detail. Of course though that didn't mean that i still didn't find mistakes. The biggest and most important mistake i thought was the mocking-jay pin. The writers messed it up by saying that Katniss bought the pin when she really got it from her friend. Sorry but writers would it really have been that hard to write it in the correct way. But on an up note i give them a big round of applause for getting Katnisss correct. They got Katnissses actor spot on. She looked exactly like i had imagined her. But its not just me saying these nice things. The movie broke many movie records including the highest grossing opening weekend. The movie scored over 152.5 million in the box office. The Hunger Games actually beat out Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part Two the only two movies higher are Spider-Man 3 and The Dark Knight. But in my book it trumps all other movies before it. All in all the movie was a huge success and the fans can look forward to Catching Fire (the sequel to the Hunger Games). This was one fantastic movie i will never forget.
10 stars out of 5
(Yes it was really that good)


The author's comments:
I was so happy with the Hunger Games the movie that i couldn't help but writeb review for it. Hope i didn't spoil it for any one who didn't get to see it yet!!!!!