The Hunger Games | Teen Ink

The Hunger Games

September 7, 2012
By SharplyDull SILVER, Glenallen, Missouri
SharplyDull SILVER, Glenallen, Missouri
7 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I love mainstream, because hating mainstream is too mainstream."


Cameras are set and action. Not even twenty minutes in The Hunger Games no longer is the heart felt number one selling novel. No, there seems to be a shortage of good movie to book relationships these days. Katniss just buys the mockingjay pin? Where is the mayor's daughter at all? The film has taken away the intense sentimental value of the pin. Do the people making the movie even read the books? If so, all of them? How will they set up catching fire without it too being totally void of certain sentimental values. To be a fan of this movie, you had to be a die-hard fan of the books, or had never read one of them. To people in between like myself who enjoy a good book, I just don't think that these movies will ever match up to the books, like so few series have.


The author's comments:
I started reading these THE DAY THEY CAME OUT. So i have read them all several times, and i was very dissapointed in the resulting movie. I sincerely hope that the sequel is better.