Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 2 | Teen Ink

Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 2

December 3, 2012
By Monkeyrose1996 BRONZE, King George, Virginia
Monkeyrose1996 BRONZE, King George, Virginia
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Momma always said, Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gunna get." Forest Gump


I recently saw Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 2 directed by Bill Condon, written by Melissa Rosenburg, and produced by Wyck Godfrey, Stephenie Meyer, and Karen Rosenfelt. It is based on the novel “Breaking Dawn” by Stephenie Meyer and it is the 2nd part of a 2 part film and final movie. It is a romantic fantasy. In this part of the story Bella Cullen (Kristen Stewart) is awakened as a vampire and wakes to her husband, Edward Cullen (Robert Pattinson). Jacob Black (Taylor Lautner) has imprinted with Bella and Edward’s baby girl, Renesmee (Mackenzie Foy, Christie Burke, Rachel St. Gelais, Sierra Pitkin, Eliza Faria). Throughout the whole movie the Cullens help them and make them feel at home. There are six other Cullens in the home, Carlisle (Peter Facinelli), Esme (Elizabeth Reaser), Alice (Ashley Green), Jasper (Jackson Rathbone), Rosalie (Nikki Reed), and Emmett (Kellan Lutz). It was released on November 16,2012 by Lionsgate in the US in consequence of the merger between Lionsgate and Summit Entertainment. The world premiere was two days earlier (November 14,2012) in LA.

Picking up from Breaking Dawn Part 1, Bella wakes as a beautiful, but thirsty, vampire. She is now portrayed as a strong woman who is more than capable of taking care of herself. When she wakes up her senses automatically strengthen. She smells and sees things she has never been able to smell and see before. Before she can be around Renesmee she has to hunt and feed her thirst. She almost ends up feeding on a human but shows great self-restraint and goes for a white tiger, which was actually going for her deer, instead. She comes back to Jacob waiting to test her before allowing her to meet her daughter. Bella passes naturally, telling Jacob, “I can see what everyone’s been talking about…you really do stink.” Bella then holds her half-human half-vampire daughter, which looks incredibly fake due to poor special effects.

Renesmee is believed to be an immortal child and is seen as a threat to the Volturi. The cullens fly around the world trying to find witnesses that will help convince the Volturi that she poses no threat to their rule, before the Volturi come around first.

The movie has improved greatly since the four movies before it. I love how they made Alice show the Volturi what would happen if they tried to kill Renesmee. A whole lot of people would die including most of the volturi. Bella finally understands why Edward could never read her mind. She is a shield as a human and a vampire. She can make people safe around her. Renesmee shows things she wants you to see by putting her hand to your cheek. It is an extraordinary gift. I love how Edward and Renesmee have their father-daughter time as well as Bella and Renesmee have their mother-daughter time. The Movie is filled with plenty of romance. Bella can finally put everything she has in making love to Edward. It also shows Jacob baring his body as well as his soul.

There are many different reviews written, bad and good. Filming started November 1, 2010 and ended April 15, 2011. It was filmed in Baton Rouge, LA; Vancouver, British Columbia; and Raleigh Studios in Baton Rouge. The production budget was $120 million. The movie has made $227,366,118 as of November 25, 2012. Kellan Lutz said in a recent interview “…there’s a lot of room to embellish and add some fun scenes. I guarantee that every fan is going to be thrown through a lot of mixed emotions.” Lutz was not joking, director Bill Condon did take advantage of the violence of the final battle. I would recommend this movie to anyone who likes romance fantasies.


The author's comments:
I wrote this for my Creative Writing I Class.