Wreck-it Ralph movie review | Teen Ink

Wreck-it Ralph movie review

December 11, 2012
By Anonymous

The movie Wreck-it Ralph came out November 2nd of this year (2012). This movie was directed by Rich Moore, best known for his work on The Simpsons, features some extremely well-known figures such as; John C. Reilly, Sarah Silverman, Jack Mcbrayer, and Jane Lynch. With having a cast with such track records you wouldn’t think they could pull off an animated child’s movie like this one, but they certainly did manage it in a way that was enjoyable to watch. The movie is based around the idea that Wreck-it Ralph (John C Reilly) has been the villain of his video game for 30 years and no one appreciates the contributions and takes him for granted. The inhabitants of the game world all view him as a monster that only destroys and Ralph wants to prove to them that he isn’t and to do this he has to earn a medal. So Ralph ventures off from his game to another game and receives a medal, and finally has proof that he wasn’t so bad after all. However in doing so he is accidentally shot from that game into a completely different one called, Sugar Rush, where he meets a little girl named Vanillope (Sarah Silverman) who also has self-esteem issues due to her being a glitch. Her and Ralph both help one another through their journey to self-acceptance.

This movie was one of the best movies geared toward children I’ve ever seen. I find that children’s movies can tend to drag on and the plot itself not to be as stimulating as a movie made for adults. In Wreck-it Ralph I didn’t feel this in the slightest, it didn’t feel monotonous in the least, and none of the scenes were obviously superfluous. The plot of the movie was easy to understand from a child’s and adult’s point of view, yet had the kind of depth and twists that you wouldn’t expect from a children’s movie. Children’s movie can tend to have insane amounts of ridiculous puns and conversations that just weren’t necessary, but The humor in the movie was not goofy and cheesy like something that you could expect from a kids movie, and had humor that any age group would appreciate

I walked into the theater with high hopes to begin with and this movie certainly fulfilled them and blew me away. I would most definitely recommend this to anyone with children; young or old, adults that are children at heart, or are just looking for a good movie to watch. Wreck-it Ralph made me feel emotions that you wouldn’t expect to feel from a movie about video game characters, but I loved the feeling it gave me and hope that you choose to go see it and enjoy it just as much as I do.