The Little Mermaid III: Ariel's Beginning | Teen Ink

The Little Mermaid III: Ariel's Beginning

By Lady_Love BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado
Lady_Love BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado

I felt my eyes watery and I didn’t know why. Was it because I connected to the moment or because my favorite princess had fainted? I do not know why, but I really liked “The Little mermaid III: Ariel’s Beginning.” Being a girl from L.A., I have always loved being by the sea which is one of the major reason’s why I like The Little Mermaid so much.
The music was outstanding and I didn’t know what to say. Nothing compares to the first movie but this had catchy songs as well. This sequel talks about how King Triton (Jim Cummings) banned music from Atlantica when Queen Athena died. We learn how Ariel (Jodi Benson) and Flounder (Parker Goris) became friends and how Sebastian became the music conductor for the king. Even though Ursula, the evil sea witch isn’t in this movie the evil Marina Del Rey (Sally Field) is plenty of fun for a villain in this movie. Jeff Bannett plays Benjamin an odd manatee which is Marina’s evil sidekick and Sebastian is played once more by Samuel E. Wright. A nice fact about the movie is how Marina is after Sebastian’s job as the king’s advisor and not to overthrow the king himself to rule over Atlantica.
If you’re looking for a nice laugh or just to feel closer to your inner princess this is the movie. Not everyone likes G rated movies, but if you have time I recommend this movie for its awesome music and slight humor.