The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins | Teen Ink

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

By Caroline03 BRONZE, Vienna, Virginia
Caroline03 BRONZE, Vienna, Virginia

After reading The Hunger Games, I was so enthralled. I couldn't get my head out of the book. I was a little behind everyone else who had already read the book and seen the movie, but I thought it was a good time to finally see the movie.
Expecting the movie to be exactly like the book, I was quite surprised. I didn't enjoy the movie that much. The book was twice as descriptive and they didn't put some of the scenes in the movie.
Ever have that feeling where you're so confident in what you read you can't wait to see what they do with the movie, but it turns out be a big disappointment? Yeah, I've finally felt it. It's a real let down to find they didn't do such a good job. One of the main things that bothered me was the fact that the graphics were so bad. It really ruined the moment. It was quite upsetting how the ending of the movie was totally different. In the book, it really left you hanging. Will Katniss choose Peeta or Gale? In the movie, it just showed Katniss and Peeta holding hands on a balcony above District 12. Katniss didn't even show a facial expression of uncertainty.
I favor the book much more than the movie. I'm hoping Catching Fire will much better.