How to Train your Dragon | Teen Ink

How to Train your Dragon

November 22, 2013
By Hanna Breton BRONZE, King George, Virginia
Hanna Breton BRONZE, King George, Virginia
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON

Do you love to have a funny story that is so cute your whole family would enjoy it? A unique story with and unknowing twist came from a wonderful movie “How to Train your Dragon”. This movie had me mesmerized and brainwashed to watch it over and over again. I couldn’t stop following Hiccup and Toothless on their amazing adventure.
“How to Train your Dragon” is about a boy named Hiccup who struggles being a real Viking in. In Berk, his home island, all Vikings are at war with dragons, but are they really? After Hiccups dad; the leader of all Vikings, leaves the island in search for the dragons nest, Hiccup is sent to a Dragon killing class. Hiccup finds himself changing from the loser without a friend to a Viking who could win any fight with a dragon, or so everyone else thought. In reality Hiccup tricks all of his friends and family, not letting them anyone find out the truth about who his best friend really is. Hiccup finds a dragon, instead of killing it he wimps out. The dragon was hurt and unable to fly. Hiccups first instinct is, how could he, train a dragon.
Many things get in Hiccups and Toothless way, they go through many obstacles. They learn many things and grow up in different ways. This amazing story can teach kids and adults many things in life, including sticking up for yourself and others, learning to lead, and making new friends.
I would call this one of my favorite movies I would recommend everyone to watch. This comedy adventure is perfect for kids, but could possibly scare younger ones. There is flirting with two kiss scene’s, some talk about a deceased mom’s breastplate, and a couple lost limbs. Other than these few jokes many young kids wouldn’t even understand there are many other things that make this movie great. Kids will learn the importance of teamwork with the help of a strong woman lead and many smart, funny side characters.
Jay Baruchel voicing the lead role of Hiccup is a master actor. Along with Gerard Butler playing Hiccups dad Stoic, His friends Snotlout (Jonah Hill), Ruffnut (T.J Miller), Toughnut (Kristen Wiig), Fishlegs (Christopher Mintz-Plasse), and Astrid (America Ferrera) are all cast perfectly by the directors Dean Deblois and Chris Sanders.
This movie will be enjoyed by anyone and everyone.



http://www.theridleylog.com

http://www.commonsensemedia.org/movie-reviews/how-to-train-your-dragon