Radio | Teen Ink

Radio

By NancyP PLATINUM, Aurora, Illinois
NancyP PLATINUM, Aurora, Illinois

Are you a football fan and a drama lover? Are you looking for a movie that will appeal to your liking? Then the movie Radio is the movie for you! Based on a true story, this movie tells the tale of a young man named Radio (Gooding Jr.). He is a mentally disabled man with a love for football. He stands out by the gates of Hanna High School watching the football players practice. However, some football players don’t appreciate Radio standing there watching them. They get even more annoyed when Radio takes the football away when they kicked out of the gated area. Finally, some football players had enough with Radio standing there. On the next day, the paranoid football players tie up Radio and throw him into a storage shack. There the friendship is made. Coach Jones (Harris) comes and releases Radio from his bonds. Afterwards, Coach Jones believes that it is his responsibility to make it up to Radio for his footballs players’ harassment. You will watch the moments when Radio does all sorts of things that will make you laugh out loud. Still, there are some town’s people who believe that Radio is the bane of a winning year for Hanna High and they are willing to do anything to get rid of him.

When I was watching this movie, it moved my heart to see all the things that Radio did to help out. You see that it didn’t matter if he had a disability; he knew he could achieve great things with perseverance. Gooding Jr. was an excellent at portraying the role of Radio. I thought the way he showed his emotions really connected with the audience. Ed Harris was also a very fantastic actor. He performs the character of a strong-willed man with a good sense of what is right and wrong.

Overall, this movie is a cherishing family movie. This movie was rated PG, I believe that this movie’s rating was not correct. In my own opinion, there are some parts of the movie where language is an issue. Though generally, the touching movie about Radio deserves a rating of 3 1/2 stars.

itsme_emily said...
Great job Ester!!! Are you going to submit more work??? You should!