Hunger Games: Catching Fire | Teen Ink

Hunger Games: Catching Fire

Catching Fire is the second movie in the Hunger Games trilogy, based on the books by Suzanne Collins. I really enjoyed this movie, after waiting almost nine months for this sequel to come out and after all the talk I heard about this movie, it really lived up to the expectations. In the second movie, the main characters, and victors of the memorable 74th “Hunger Games,” Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark go on their victory tour of the twelve districts and the Capital of Panem. After the victors return to their families and their homes, President Snow announces that this year’s Quarter Quell would consist of two tributes picked from all the former victors from each district. Jennifer Lawrence did a very nice job of depicting the part of Katniss. Jennifer Lawrence showed her strength and independence when playing the part of Katniss, while also showing her romantic and soft side. Josh Hutcherson also did a very good job of playing Peeta. Hutcherson depicted all of Peeta’s many personality traits, such as his loyalty to Katniss and his family, his strength, and his protection towards Katniss and her family. All in all, I really enjoyed this movie, the special effects were amazing, it closely resembled the book, it held my attention the entire time and I can’t wait to see it again. This time in IMAX!