Free Hueco! | Teen Ink

Free Hueco! MAG

By Anonymous

   "Free Hueco!" is a climbing video made in HuecoTanks State Park in Texas. It is a unique and inspiring film by Josh Lowell, withAmerica's strongest climbers like Julie de Jesus, Chris Sharma, Obe Carrion andEmily Danti featured at "America's bouldering Mecca."

The filmbegins with Josh preparing for his 40-hour trip to the magical place. When hegets to Hueco he meets up with Obe, and they go straight down to some action. Themovie shows the hardest boulder problems in the park; the scenes are set to agreat soundtrack that goes from drum bass to reggae.

The filmshows exactly how climbers stay the whole winter, climbing and raving at thepark, their rest days of fun, finding adventures and new problems in differentareas of the park. It also depicts the fight against politicians who wanted toclose the park in 1998.

As if all the intense climbing scenes aren'tenough, the film shows Sharma, one of the best climbers in the world, tacklingAmerica's hardest boulder problem: the second ascent from SlashFace -V14.

"Free Hueco!" is a great movie for people who want toappreciate the park that is now basically closed, and for those who want to beinspired for climbing.