Practical Magic | Teen Ink

Practical Magic MAG

By Anonymous

   I recently saw the film "Practical Magic," starring Sandra Bullock, Nicole Kidman and Aidan Quinn. The movie is rated PG-13 and there is no doubt in my mind that it is labeled correctly. "Practical Magic" is very enjoyable and has a plot that makes the story so interesting that you won't walk away until you see the credits.The movie is about a spell cast a long time ago by the earliest witch in what became a long line of witches. After being forgotten by her lover, she cast a spell that made her never again feel true love. She was pregnant at the time and the spell somehow affected the baby. It becomes a curse for generations of witches to come. Every time they married, they knew that when they felt true love, their husbands would die. Now this family is getting into a lot of trouble. To save themselves, they have to help banish a spirit's soul (which they accidentally create) from one of the sister witches. "Practical Magic" is a very enjoyable movie. There is so much suspense that I felt glued to my seat. I also like the actors in the lead roles. The characters are very believable, and their thoughts and actions develop throughout the movie. The group of friends I went with agreed and they would like to see it again.Overall, I think that "Practical Magic" is a good movie and I give it thumbs up. It is suspense-filled with an unbelievably interesting plot. If you like suspense and a good cast, you will not be able to walk away. .