Forrest Gump | Teen Ink

Forrest Gump

February 5, 2014
By Noelle_666 SILVER, Defiance, Ohio
Noelle_666 SILVER, Defiance, Ohio
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Live like you are dying."


Forrest Gump is a heart touching movie about a solider and his story growing up and fighting in Vietnam War. Forrest Gump isn’t the smartest of guys but has a big heart. Since he isn’t the smartest it was hard for him to make friends except one of the nicest girls. He is also faced with the challenge of having leg problems. However he over comes his problems and becomes a fast runner as a result a star football player. He gets a football scholarship and goes to college. After he graduates Forrest Gump gets talked into joining the army and goes and fights in the Vietnam War. While in the army he meets a friend that will have a life long affect on him. After he gets out of the war because of being shot in the buttock he played on the army Ping-Pong team. After he gets sent home he just decides to run because he likes running. This movie is a heart-felt chick flick that shows a different point of view of someone who may have it different. This movie can show that someone that is different can be the most amazing person and that they can’t be judged just by the way they look or act.