8 Seconds | Teen Ink

8 Seconds

November 14, 2008
By Anonymous

Ever thought about taking on a 2,000 pound bull? Ever wanted to feel the excitement and rush of life or death? You will experience all these feelings and more when you take a look at "8 Seconds".

Lane Frost (Luke Perry) has be a bull rider since he was just a kid. He had always had the dream of being the biggest and the best. Lane (Perry) goes through the trails of being a famous bull rider, the parties, the girls, the temptations. This is a true story about Lane (Perry) becoming the PRCA Bull Riding World Champion in 1987, his two best pals, Tuff Hedeman (Stephen Baldwin) and Cody Lambert (Red Mitchell), and his marriage to Kellie Frost (Cynthia Geary).

In this film we have Luke Perry who stars as Lane Frost, Stephen Baldwin who is Lane's best friend, Tuff Hedeman. James Rebhorn plays as Lane's dad, Clyde Frost and Carrie Snodgress plays as Lane's mother, Elsie Frost. One last important person is Lane's wife played by Cynthia Geary.

The director of "8 Seconds" is John G. Avildsen. He is well known for "Lean on Me", the Karate Kid I, II, and III, and Rocky I and V.

This movie is based on a true story about Lane Frost and his rise to fame. It shows you the challenging times he had to go through to get to where he wanted. It shows how he found his first love with both bull riding and with Kellie.

I think this movie was very good. It shows you the real side of things and I like the fact that it is a real life story. This movie bought a tear to my eye and I'm sure it did to a lot of other people too. Just the whole story of Lane Frost is heart touching. I would recommend people to see this film. It is a really good movie.