The Other Boleyn Girl | Teen Ink

The Other Boleyn Girl

True love vs. Power
Screenplay written by Peter Morgan and novel written by Philippa Gregory tells the struggle story of two sisters, “The Other Boleyn Girl.” Direction is by Justin Chadwick.
The story starts out with two average beauties and evolves into the tale of kingdom versus sisterly love and true love. Ann Boleyn (Natalie Portman) is out to gain King Henry's (Eric Bana) attention. Little does she know her sister, Mary Boleyn, (Scarlett Johansson) has already stolen it away.
Mary Boleyn (Johansson) becomes pregnant with the King's son. Before she can fulfill her dream of a happy life Ann (Portman) becomes perused by King Henry (Bana). She then convinces him to do something that will change the history of England forever.
Starring in this Teen Choice award movie are Natalie Portman, Scarlett Johansson, Eric Bana, Jim Sturgess, Mark Rylance, and Kristin Scott Thomas. The author of the book is Philippa Gregory. Some historians know he made up some of the stories about the sisters, and that he let his imagination run away with him.
Director, Justin Chadwick, is currently working on two movies. His previous bodies of work are mostly acting and directing television series or episodes. I think he should have picked a different book to make a movie off of, or maybe done a little more research. I'm not an expert, but even I have read some books to know that the movie is not true at all.
“The Other Boleyn Girl” is mostly a pleasure movie. It shouldn't be watched if one is trying to gain facts about the history of an obese king and his many wives and lovers. This movie is a six and a half rating, maybe seven.