Twilight | Teen Ink

Twilight

November 23, 2008
By Bella PLATINUM, Belleville, Illinois
Bella PLATINUM, Belleville, Illinois
20 articles 3 photos 8 comments

Favorite Quote:
"loving someone who doesn't love you is like worshiping the behind, of a wooden statue, of a hungry devil." -author unknown


I've recently seen the movie Twilight and this is what I thought about it. To me Twilight is my favorite book of all time, but I was a little disappointed with the movie.




First of all, I loved the introduction to the movie and how they depicted each character. Only that’s where the movie and book split off on their own paths. Where in the book does it say Bella’s a vegetarian? It doesn’t! Don’t get me wrong, I loved the movie, but I feel that the director has totally changed the story. The director even changed the fight scene and who tells Bella all about the mechanics to become a vampire.

Also, the director changed Charlie’s personality. In the book, Charlie doesn’t yell at Tyler for almost killing Bella, but in the movie he threatens to remove his license! Charlie is suppose to be a kind and loving father who treasures his daughter, but isn’t over protective. Why did movie Charlie have to be so over bearing? How did the pepper spray manage to make its way from Forks to Phoenix? She never brought it with her in the book. I am without a doubt one of the biggest Twilight fans, so I know what I’m talking about. (My parents shake their heads when ever I even mention Edward Cullen!)

To sum my review up, I’ll try to say something good about the movie. All of the acting was perfect and I really did love the choices for each character. Only one small problem there, I was hoping Edward would be more sparkly in the sun. I wasn’t sure at first how they were going to add the soundtrack in the movie, but the music director did an excellent job. I really love the music too. I thought the movie really started slowly, but I was amazed at the special effects. I really recommend this movie to anyone who has read the Twilight books, but for anyone who hasn’t, read the books first! It would be really hard to follow the movie without reading the books first because Bella is really hard to understand. Her actions are so different to a normal person’s reactions. This is the best movie I’ve seen since the last Harry Potter movie came out.